Written by Disorder Directory | Books
Book Title – Maternity & Women’s Health Care
Book Author – Lowdermilk, Deitra Leonard
Book Publisher – Elsevier Health Science
Year Published – Feb 2007
Topics – Womens Health
Maternity & Women's Health Care (Maternity and Women's Health Care)
Maternity & Women's Health Care, 9th Edition takes a collaborative care approach to maternal, newborn, and women's health nursing that emphasizes the nurse's role on the care team. Easy to read and logically organized, it follows the nursing process and offers evidence-based coverage of everything you need to know about caring for women of childbearing age. Key topics include evidence-based practice, family, culture, community, and health promotion. Practical application exercises and comprehensive care plans help strengthen your maternity nursing skills.
- Practical application approach follows the nursing process and emphasizes collaborative care and the nurse's role in health promotion and the family.
- Comprehensive nursing care plans provide examples of both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Nurse Alert boxes highlight essential nursing care information.
- Focuses on the importance of including the family in the continuum of care.
- Explores cultural considerations and the importance of assessing for and understanding cultural variations when providing care.
- Teaching for Self-Care boxes provide follow-up care instructions for patients transitioning from hospital to home.
- Medication Guides offer information about common drugs used during the childbearing process.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes explore research findings and their effect on clinical practice.
- Critical Thinking Exercises help you strengthen problem-solving skills by applying key concepts to realistic clinical situations.
- Community Activity Exercises introduce you to nursing care in a variety of settings.