Written by Disorder Directory | Books
Book Title – Clinical Gynecologic Oncology
Book Author – Disaia, Philip J.
Book Publisher – Elsevier Health Science
Year Published – May 2007
Topics – Womens Health
Clinical Gynecologic Oncology (Clinical Gynecologic Cncology)
Thanks to improved detection technologies, early diagnosis and treatment, and innovative research, the outlook for gynecologic oncology patients is steadily improving every day. Offer your patients the best in diagnosis and management with the help of this leading reference on gynecologic malignancies. In addition to cancers of the female reproductive tract, the 7th Edition of this essential resource also discusses breast and colorectal disease, equipping you with the skills you need to provide effective and compassionate care for every patient.
- Recognize the clinical presentation of gynecologic malignancies with the aid of detailed chapters organized by cancer type and size.
- Apply authoritative guidance on all aspects of gynecologic oncology with appendices covering staging, screening, nutritional therapy, toxicity criteria, blood component therapy, radiological therapy, and commonly used statistical terms.
- Easily identify and absorb key information with the aid of outlines at the beginning of each chapter.
- Choose the best management plan for each patient using algorithms within each chapter.
- Gain a fresh perspective on the diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic malignancies with contributions from 2 new editors.
- Stay up to date with expanded and updated chapters on genes and cancer, cervical cancer, and biologic therapy-plus all of the latest therapeutic protocols.
- Review the latest information on laparoscopy, DVT complications, and infections and wounds.
- Skillfully manage some of the most difficult challenges in your practice with comprehensive chapters on palliative care and quality of life.